Tuesday, August 28, 2012

#4: The scary world of politics....

On the Political Compass test I scored as a Left Libertarian. Honestly, I wasnt TOO shocked, but somewhat shocked.. Maybe I misunderstood some of the questions but then maybe I just had a skewed view of the way I actually thought. I thought of myself as more convservative, but when it comes down to it I honestly have NO idea how I think. I want to agree with the way my conservative parents and grandparents think, but my sister is lesbian and I support every ounce of her being and listen as well as support her beliefs as much as I do my parents and grandparents. So maybe I am a little on the edge? Maybe. Im not sure how someone who wants to CLASSIFY my beliefs would classify me but I can explain how I think and feel toward politcal views.

Well. First I would start off by saying I dont think you can directly classify any one belief because no two people have EXACTLY the same beliefs.. Republicans disagree with eachother as well as Democrats. There is a very broad range of what you want to classify a certian "view/belief" on. You can narrow it down as much as you want but it is ALWAYS going to be broad because no two people believe the exact same thing and even if you think they do, they will argue and even change their minds just to have a heated discussion, because what american doesnt like a heated discussion? With that being said I will explain my view on politics..

I believe people should mind their own damn business about everything. Nothing is anyone but your own business. You can marry who you want, sleep with who/ how many people you want, I enjoy the democratic way of voting, but really, its skewed in all aspects and ridiculously easy to manipulate. I dislike the way our education system is set up as well as how taxes work, seriously dont get me started on social security, or medicare. Why should I pay for something that I wont even get to use? Religious Freedom? By all means, please find your faith in something, Im not saying God or any other higher being, it could be your dog for all I care, but faith is important to develop as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment